A fresh new way to drink vitamins that delivers on its healthy promise
Key Product Highlights:
- Patented KarmaCap is intuitively superior and user-friendly: just peel, push, and shake. Plus, it holds two to four times the volume of other dispensing caps.
- Only the KarmaCap features a hermetic, airtight seal with UV protection to preserve freshness and enhance shelf life. It also allows consumers to keep nutrients and vitamins in sight and seeing is believing.
- Karma’s nutrient-rich ingredients have three to six times the potency of competing brands, delivering greater efficacy. Each variety is meticulously formulated to deliver functional benefits. For example, Karma Balance—an immunity booster—contains zinc, superfruits, antioxidants, and 1,000 mg of vitamin C (1,667 percent RDI).
- Each functional variety contains a base vitamin pack containing 110 percent (or more) of seven essential vitamins: A, B3, B5, B6, B12, D, and E.
- Karma is made with pristine spring water and natural ingredients. It contains only 20 calories per serving, and is sweetened with stevia and a pinch of cane sugar. Plus, a wide-mouth bottle enhances drinkability, while consumers control their beverage destiny.
Pittsford, N.Y., September 8, 2011—Karma Culture LLC today introduced Karma® Wellness Water, a delicious new line of natural, nutrient-enhanced water in the health and wellness category that delivers unprecedented levels of vitamins and nutrients in a ready-to-drink interactive beverage. Karma Wellness Water is available in five SKUs: Karma Balance, Karma Body, Karma Mind, Karma Spirit, and Karma Vitality. The driving force behind Karma is the fact that vitamins deteriorate in water, causing premixed vitamin drinks to lose their strength over time. The supplemental information printed on most premixed vitamin drinks is based on the ingredients at the time of bottling, not the time of consumption.
“Consumers need to know that after just 90 days on a shelf, premixed drinks can have only 30 to 50 percent of their vitamins remaining,” said CJ Rapp, CEO and co-founder, Karma Culture LLC. Citing the recent actions of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to address this concern, Rapp said, “We are bringing freshness back to the consumer, and truly transforming water into wellness—one bottle at a time.”
Karma uses its proprietary KarmaCap Technology to keep vitamins and other essential ingredients protected and separate from water until it’s time to drink. This breakthrough packaging has a hermetic (airtight) seal between the cap and base, as well as UV protection, ensuring freshness and delivering maximum vitamin potency. The KarmaCap holds two to four times more ingredients than other dispensing caps, and because it’s translucent, consumers can actually see the vitamins and nutrients stored within it and seeing is believing. Plus, it’s intuitive and easy to use—consumers simply peel back the protective seal, push down, and shake to freshly infuse vitamins and nutrients into the water. The wide-mouth bottle enhances drinkability and features labeling that clearly communicates ingredients and benefits to the consumer while they control their own beverage destiny.
“We love our functional varieties and think that consumers will, too. But even more impressive is how each variety has been meticulously formulated with a mix of seven essential vitamins, superfruits, antioxidants, herbal extracts, amino acids, minerals, and electrolytes to deliver tangible benefits for health and wellness,” said Jeff Platt, president, Karma Culture. “With this powerful combination of natural ingredients all kept fresh in our cap, people are getting up to six times more nutrients than from competing brands.”
Karma Wellness Water is available in five natural varieties, each containing 110 percent (or more) of the recommended daily allowances of vitamins A, B3-Niacin, B5- Pantothenic Acid, B6, B12, D, and E:
- “Mind” for sharper thinking (orange mango) – specially formulated for mental alertness, providing yerba mate, choline, and coenzyme Q10. Choline and yerba mate support clarity and stimulate focus, while coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that helps fuel the body’s daily activity.
- “Body” for fitness acceleration (raspberry guava jackfruit) – offers sodium and potassium, as well as chondroitin sulfate, calcium, and vitamin D. This mix works to replenish essential electrolytes, combat the risk of osteoarthritis, and maintain healthy bones.
- “Spirit” for mood elevation (passionfruit green tea) – contains ginseng and Ltheanine. These ingredients and others help recover from stress, and encourage relaxation.
- “Balance” for an immunity boost (acai pomberry) – provides 1,000 mg of vitamin C, as well as zinc, berry extracts, and tea polyphenols. This is 1,167 percent of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C, which can help prevent cold and flu symptoms.
- “Vitality” for healthy hydration (pineapple coconut) – includes transresveratrol, magnesium, and potassium that have biological, physiologic, and anti-aging effects that impact vitality, along with other natural ingredients that impact alertness and replenish energy.
Karma Wellness Water is bottled using fresh, pristine spring water from Vermont, while many competing brands use filtered municipal water. Karma is naturally sweetened with a blend of stevia and a pinch of pure cane sugar. Each 18-ounce, wide-mouth bottle contains only 20 calories and is free of preservatives, gluten, and lactose.
Karma Wellness Water can be found in major food, grocery, specialty, and C-stores nationwide, including Wegmans Food Markets and Tops Friendly Markets. The brand will also be available for purchase online later this year at www.drinkkarma.com. The suggested retail price is $2.39 to $2.89 per bottle. Karma’s launch will also be supported by a national consumer advertising and public relations campaign.
For more information about Karma, visit www.drinkkarma.com.
About Karma Culture LLC
Karma Culture LLC, based in Pittsford, N.Y., is a manufacturer of naturally enhanced, flavored spring water. The company was co-founded in 2011 by beverage industry veterans and innovators CJ Rapp and Jeff Platt. Working with an expert management team, including Lowell Patric, chief financial officer, and Darren Coon, an engineer with expertise in innovation and design, the company’s Karma® Wellness Water provides unprecedented levels of vitamins and nutrients in a mix-to-drink form. The line includes five functional varieties, each meticulously formulated to deliver distinct wellness benefits for mind, body, spirit, balance, and vitality. Karma was born from the universal truth that if you do something positive, you’ll get something positive in return. It meets the needs of people with active lifestyles who are looking to make good choices that will positively impact their health. For more information about Karma Wellness Water, visit www.drinkkarma.com.
Corrie Carter/Julie Napieralski